Wednesday, November 15, 2006

We cannot Rise Ourselves By Searching Outside

We cannot Rise Ourselves By Searching Outside

- Mahatma Gandhi

 

·  However loft the ambition; it should embrace within its ambit even those considered the lowliest of creatures.

·  We cannot raise ourselves by searching outside. The scope for growth lies within.

·  Whenever I see an erring man, I say to myself I have also erred; when I see a lustful man I say to myself, so was I once; and in this way I feel kinship with everyone in the world and feel that I cannot be happy without the humblest of us being happy.

·  Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

·  An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody will see it.

·  As soon as we lose the moral basis, we cease to be religious. There is no such thing as religion over-riding morality. Man, for instance, cannot be truthful, cruel or incontinent and claim to have God on his side.

·  Not everyone is destined to acquire material knowledge. But all can acquire spiritual knowledge; it is their duty to do so.

·  It is strange that we should exert ourselves so much over the externals, and not pay even a thought to what lies within.

·  Everyone who wills can hear the inner voice. It is within everyone.

No comments: